Case Study - Wagstaffs Chartered Accountants
Founded in 1948, Wagstaffs is a thriving independent accountancy practice serving clients right across the UK from a Stevenage base.
Between them, the 35-strong team offers a full line-up of financial and advisory services to clients ranging from private individuals and business start-ups to large corporate entities.
These days the business goes paper-free where possible, with documents being scanned and data digitised for ease of access and storage. However, printouts and photocopies continue to have an important part to play, with high quality documents required for meetings, records and reports amongst other things.
Wagstaffs were previously working with a mixed fleet of ageing print and copy devices. Staff handled maintenance in-house and struggled to buy consumables cost-efficiently and time-effectively. Downtime due to service issues and running out of toner and ink was problematic, as was the high cost of the confusing array of consumables required.
Wagstaffs’ brief to Workflow was to streamline and simplify their print and copy environment in ways that would save money, allow staff to use their time more effectively and help the business benefit from new technologies.
After undertaking a full print audit, Workflow’s experienced and innovative team was able to suggest a simple solution tailor-made to fit the Wagstaffs brief. The solution was then implemented with minimal disruption and a full after-sales service plan put in place.
The MFDs (multi-function devices) installed now deliver reliable, high quality results with minimal time input from staff. As well as boosting productivity, the new print and copy solution means the business has a single, reliable point of contact for all things print-related.
Alison Day, Secretary to Partner Andrew Dagless, commented;
- Maintenance of the devices is now Workflow’s job and automatic meter readings mean replacement consumables are sent direct before machines run out. All devices are labelled and when replacements arrive they are labelled as well, so they can be match easily to the right device.
- Scanning is now much faster and easier, with staff able to scan straight to documents, email, USB and beyond.
- Transformed reliability with exceptional service back-up promise.
- Single point of contact keeping devices up and running behind
- Fully priced proposal and outline of business benefits provided
at the outset.
- Low level toner and replacement part alerts sent directly to Workflow, resulting in replacement supplies sent direct to avoid downtime.
- In-built document security and enhanced scanning capabilities.